Thank you very much to bakergirlfashionista for nominating me for the Liebster Award! ❤ She’s got a lovely blog, do take a look if you get a chance. I’m glad to get the chance to tell you all a little more about me, and also to discover some of the other fabulous blogs out there!
I had to do a bit of searching on Google to figure out exactly what this award was, I’ll admit. I learned that Liebster is German for “dearest” (more or less), and the Liebster Award is an award for small or new blogs that deserve a chance in the spotlight. Once received, it’s passed on (as a chain letter might be) to other blogs that the recipient thinks are worthy of attention, and so forth. By asking each nominee to answer a set of questions, the award allows new bloggers to tell their audience something about themselves.
Here are the rules of the award:
- Thank the nominator.
- Display the award.
- Nominate 10 more bloggers with 10 new questions.
- Answer the questions.
1. What inspired the theme of your blog? One of my favorite parts of making jewelry is that it has the power to make other people happy. The blog, then, became a way to share my creations with the world, so more people could see and hopefully enjoy them!
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I’d love to visit the Grand Canyon. I’ve never been to that region of the US, and it comes highly recommended by a friend who visited recently.
3. British or American TV? I must say I’m not so much of a TV person… in my spare time (ha!) I tend to curl up with a good book instead.
4. What’s your favourite fashion style? I like classic, feminine pieces, especially those with vivid colors instead of the pastels that one often sees.
6. What are the first 3 songs on your playlist right now? Currently I’ve been listening to a lot of soundtracks from old musicals – especially Guys and Dolls, Anything Goes, and Kiss Me Kate. So it’d probably be something from one of those three.
7. What do you study in school/college/university or job? A bit of everything, and I like it that way! 🙂
8. What’s the most bizarre thing that’s ever happened to you? One time we got stopped at the airport because a friend was trying to smuggle mangoes into the US from Puerto Rico… inadvertently! That was certainly an adventure 😀
9. Chocolate or sweet person? CHOCOLATE ❤
10. Celebrity crush? Julie Andrews. As you might have guessed, I’m a big musical person.
My questions for the nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Finish the sentence: “Keep Calm and…”
- Is there a story behind your blog name?
- What color is most prominent in your wardrobe?
- Do you prefer chalkboards or dry-erase boards?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- What makes you smile?
- What is your favorite blog?
- Cats or dogs?
- If you had to summarize your blog in one sentence, what would you say?
(My apologies if you’ve already been nominated!) I’d love to learn more about you all, as your blogs are wonderful 😀 If you’re interested, answer my 10 questions on your own blog. (Link back to me, too, please – I’d love to read your posts!)